QOHS All-School Booster Club
Spring Update: It's the little things that make the difference
It’s been a busy and productive school year for the QO Boosters thanks to the support of our member families, our community sponsors, QOHS staff, and the community.
When I agreed to take on the position of Booster Club President, I knew about the “big ticket” fundraising activities that have made it possible for the Boosters to give back to QOHS, our students and athletes---events like the Silent Auction and Mulch Sale, our largest fundraising efforts, take hours of coordination and planning. The time spent on planning, coordination, volunteering, advertising, and event management for those events is huge, and so is the payoff.
What I didn’t see until I was well into my role as President, are all the little ways that our parent volunteers, athletes and students, and the community in general support the Booster Club and our efforts so that we can raise money to give back—above and beyond the big fundraisers...
- It's volunteering 2-3 hours selling concessions at a sports event
- It's buying the 2 or 3, or 6 pieces of pizza, a hot dog, candy, or drink at a sports event
- It's buying a QO t-shirt or other spirit wear item for your child or yourself
- It's dining at a local restaurant on a "QOHS Night" so a portion of the cost of your meal will come back to QO
- It's buying the sports guide featuring your student's team
- It's purchasing reusable shopping bags and accessories
I could go on and on about the "little things" that add up and make a big difference. But instead let me share how those little (and big) efforts have paid off this year. A hearty "THANK YOU" to our QO members, families, sponsors, staff, and students! Thanks to your partnership, you have helped the Booster Club give back in ways large and small, including funding for:
- Boys and Girls soccer uniforms
- Field hockey uniforms and equipment
- Cross country, indoor/outdoor track laptop and printer
- Handball shirts
- Stadium speakers
- Yearbook enhancements
- Theatre stage curtains
I look forward to reporting back on many more large and small ways the QO Boosters will contribute to the success of our teams, clubs, and students this spring. Stay tuned!
President, QOHS Booster Club
We need your support!
To learn more and get involved:
- Contact Denise Feldman at firstname.lastname@example.org